- Thoroughly read the Research Project page for directions on how to choose a topic in sustainability.
- The link to this page is found directly from our course homepage.
- You will make a presentation using the software tool of your choice.
- Once you are finished, you will save the presentation slides as a PDF, which must be uploaded to Canvas.
- Simply select the Submit Assignment link on this page once you are ready to upload your final presentation.
- Please note that this assignment is set so that it will only accept a file upload that has been saved as a PDF.
- Email your professor if you do not know how to save your file as a PDF.
- To earn full points, your research project presentation needs the following parts on at least five slides (at minimum):
- Project title on the first slide, including your full name and date of submission
- A short summary of the topic
- Five labeled or captioned pictures (at minimum)
- One labeled or captioned graph (at minimum)
- List of three personal things students can do to live a more sustainable lifestyle
- List of sources
Tips for Success
- Use as many slides as it takes to present your topic completely.
- Slides should not be too text heavy and should instead use bullet points.
- Be sure to include at least one picture per slide for visual interest.
Presentation Software Options
Free to Download
- Google Slides (Links to an external site.)
- LibreOffice (Links to an external site.)
- Canva (Links to an external site.)
- Others might work, just ask me!
Free Office 365 for SMCCD Students
- You must use your my.smccd.edu account to be eligible
- Your professor provides no technical support for this service
- Office 365 Get Started (Links to an external site.)
CSM Computer Labs
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Apple Keynote