Terrorism Today (Spindlove)
- Edition: 6th (2018)
- ISBN: 9780134549163
On November 5, 2009, a mass shooting took place at Fort Hood, near Killeen, TX. Nidal Hasan, a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist, fatally shot 13 people and injured more than 30 others. It was the deadliest mass shooting on an American military base.
Days after the shooting, reports in the media revealed that a Joint Terrorism Task Force had been aware of a series of e-mails between Hasan and the Yemen-based Imam Anwar al-Awlaki, who had been monitored by the NSA as a security threat, and that Hasan’s colleagues had been aware of his increasing behavioral for several years.
Watch the following videos:
- â€œInterview with Nader Hasanâ€ atInterview with Nader Hasan (Links to an external site.)[7:54]
- â€œTen Minutes of Terrorâ€ atTen Minutes of Terror (Links to an external site.)[7:24]
Write a 4- to 5-page essay in which you address the following questions:
- Was this a case of radicalization?
- What was Nidal Hassanâ€™s background and his relationship to the attack on 9-11?
- Could this attack have been prevented?
- Was this the only attack on Ft. Hood? Was Ft. Hood prepared for another attack?
Include a minimum of five sources to support your findings.
Format your essay consistent with APA guidelines.