For your initial post, review the videos Aggression vs. Altruism: Crash Course Psychology #40, Why Some People Are More Altruistic Than Others, and How Is Our Moral Psychology Manipulating Us. Then answer the following questions:
- Is our ability to empathize with others a product of nature or nurture? How does our worldview shape our capacity for empathy?
- In what ways is our moral compass influenced by the social and cultural perspectives that guide our behavior?
- In what ways is our moral compass influenced by spiritual perspectives that guide our behavior?
- Some people believe that humans are exceptional because of our capacity for prosocial behavior, such as kindness and altruism. By contrast, others believe that all behavior is motivated by some degree of self-interest; therefore, humans are not capable of engaging in selfless acts. Do you believe that humans are capable of altruism? Use credible evidence to support your position.
- How does the concept of prosocial behavior apply to any of the following programmatic course themes:
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence
- Career connections