Term Paper: Networking
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Select one of the following topics in which you will base your responses in the form of a term paper:
- Network Neutrality
- Wireless Technology
- Broadband Convergence
- U.S. Telecommunication Policy
- Internet Security
Write a fully developed paper in which you:
- Compose an executive summary highlighting the paperâ€™s contents and reasoning for your chosen topic.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis by analyzing the strengths, weaknesses, application opportunities, and threats from competitors of the chosen topic.
- Evaluate the current ethical and legal concerns surrounding your topic.
- Select one ethical or legal concern surrounding your topic, take a position on the issue, and provide rationale.
- Analyze the improvements over the last two years to your communication technology topic, and suggest an improvement based on its current usage.
- Predict the future role of the communication technology youâ€™ve selected for both personal and commercial use.
- Create a diagram that illustrates the communication structure of your chosen technology in Visio or its open source alternative software. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least eight quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the need for information communication in the business environment.
- Evaluate the basic technology of information communication.
- Analyze the roles of the Internet and the basic protocols that are the foundation of the Internet and address the critical issue of quality of service (QoS).
- Analyze the technologies and architectures that have been developed for networking over shorter distances.