First, introduce yourself to the class. Include your major and anything you would like to share about yourself. Then address the prompt below.
In this module, you will explore the concept of being active in your own development. (That is, each individual impacts their own development, experiences, and life course, both directly and indirectly.)
For your initial post, review Culture, Peer Interaction, and Socioemotional Development and answer the following questions:
- What is one direct way in which children impact their own acculturation? How does the example you chose show the child’s impact?
- What is one indirect way in which children impact their own acculturation? How does the example you chose show the child’s impact?
- How does the concept of being active in your own development apply to any of the following programmatic themes? You may want to review the Programmatic Themes PDF document.
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence
- Career connections
- Post an article, video, or visual to reinforce a peer’s idea or challenge them to see their point from a different perspective.
- Engage in conversation with your peers around the concept of being active in our own development. Consider asking a question or sharing your own personal experience.